· Annual African Violet and Gesneriad show that is open to the public.
· Pot Luck dinner held in January, Picnic in the summer and Installation Banquet held
AT EVERY MEETING:
· Leaf exchange. A great way to add new varieties to your collection.
· Membership drawing. A member wins a plant or related prize.
· 50-50 drawing
· Display boards of African Violet and Gesneriad blossoms.
· Coffee and Pastry served.
· The African Violet and Gesneriad library is available to all members.
· Workshop in repotting, grooming, propagation and more.
· Educational slide programs rented from the AVSA, NYSAVS, and Gesneriad Society libraries.
· Slide programs of local, state & national shows
· Guest speakers include leading commercial growers and judges, convention and show winners and hybridizers.
· Gesneriad seminars
· Gesneriad and African Violet design programs.
· Gesneriad and African Violet culture: soils, fertilizers, watering, light.