Gesneriad Society Publications
Our Society’s flagship publication, Gesneriads, the Journal for Gesneriad Growers (formerly called THE GLOXINIAN) has been published continuously for over 60 years. Within Gesneriads you will find:
- Horticultural articles, all illustrated with color photos, by enthusiasts who grow these plants in their homes, gardens, and greenhouses around the world.
- Botanical articles by scientific experts.
- Reports on local and international activities such as annual conventions, symposia on gesneriads, and other meetings.
- Articles on gesneriad-related research and about gesneriads in the wild.
A subscription to Gesneriads is a benefit of membership in The Gesneriad Society. Members can choose to receive print copies by mail, or electronic (PDF) copies only. Many back issues of THE GLOXINIAN and Gesneriads are available for purchase. In the webstore there are links to images of the cover and table of contents of many back issues, so you can choose back issues covering topics of interest to you. Society members have access to PDF copies of all back issues from 1998 to date.
Other Publications, Print and On-line
A range of other materials covering all aspects of gesneriads is produced by the Society under the auspices of the Publications Committee and are available for order online.
- A free monthly on-line newsletter, Gleanings, is available to everyone. View recent issues and subscribe.
- Gesneriad Registers, or listings of all the named varieties within a genus. Several Registers are available.
- CDs and DVDs, with PowerPoint files and image files of the convention flower show, and various convention speaker programs.
- How to Know and Grow Gesneriads (in print or PDF) the only general booklet on gesneriads in print. All new members receive a free copy in the welcome packet. It can also be purchased on Amazon.com.
If you would prefer to submit your order by postal mail, download the order form (PDF). If you are interested in volunteering for the Publications Committee to help produce future Gesneriad Society publications and CD-ROMs, please contact Jeanne Katzenstein.